When you think of Rajasthan, a place of colorful tradition, royal forts, and unending desert comes to your mind. With an impressive historical background, beautiful monuments and colossal forts; Rajasthan has everything it takes to be the most favorite and hot tourist destination. But other than all this, this golden land has various other amazingly interesting things about itself, which are enough to fascinate you to the core. Other than camels and kathputli dolls, there is lot more magic in the state, which cannot be illustrated in the typical catalog images.
Scroll down to read some of the surprising things about Rajasthan:
1. Almost every city of Rajasthan is color coordinated; Jaipur is pink, Jodhpur is blue, Udaipur is white, Jhalawar is purple and Jaisalmer is golden.
2. There are lush green plantations in various cities of the state and you won’t see a single speck of the desert while exploring Rajasthan.
3. The color of the sky changes fast as if some painting maestro is coloring the sky swiftly in a majestic multi-hued painting.
4. Jaisalmer fort is known for its heritage value and majestic architecture, but very few know that the place is still a home for a huge number of people. It makes it the only inhabited fort in the world.
5. Even Hollywood couldn’t avoid the magnificent forts and palaces in Rajasthan so you can notice a glimpse of Jodhpur’s Mehrangarh fort in the classic Batman (Dark knight rises). The beauty of Udaipur is framed beautifully in the movie James bond (Octopussy).
6. There are huge DDLJ type fields in the state that would surely make you wonder if you are in Punjab or in some other beautiful hill station.
7. The art behind every truck is a class. Each story with the funniest one-liner has something to tell.
8. Everyone knows of China’s wall being the greatest wall of the world but few know about the second largest wall. The 36 km long wall of Kumbhalgarh Fort is the second largest wall in the world.
9. In the history of the whole world, Jaipur is the first city which was constructed and built abiding the scientific principles of architecture. The then ruler, Sawai Jai Singh II directed architect Purohit Vidhyadhar Bhattacharya, to construct this beautiful and structured city.
10. The hospitality of Rajasthan is world known and everyone over there is willing to welcome you in their homes to offer a scrumptious feast.