The Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Smt. Vasundhara Raje has always dreamt of brighter, prosperous and developed Rajasthan. So, she always laid emphasis on the overall development of the state, whether it is the agricultural sector, Industrial sector, Private partnerships or the education sector. She is very particular about the progress path on which the Chief Minister is leading the state. But what are the pillars of a developed state?
We name them as the infrastructure sector, employment status, health facilities and most importantly education sector. Almost everything and anything could be handled, and any situation can be dealt with wisely if a person is educated. Also, they are education is the base on which the foundation of a brighter future can be kept. Known for the significance of Education, Vasundhara Raje has always framed policies focusing on the education at the primary and secondary level for all in Rajasthan.
Following are certain reformatory steps taken by CM Raje to strengthen the roots of knowledge in the young generation so that they transform into pragmatic human resource and prove their worth for their family and nation:
- School Integration: Vasundhara Raje and her Government has integrated all the primary/upper primary schools with the nearby Secondary/ senior secondary schools so that they become better institutions and can provide quality education to the children under better supervision. None of the school is closed down rather just clubbed so that the management could be improved and students can receive better environment for studies.
- Adarsh Schools at every Gram Panchayat: The recent Budget announced that there will be at least one secondary or senior secondary school in every Gram Panchayat so that the children won’t have to travel farfetched areas in Rural Rajasthan for education. They will be developed in a phased manner and act as a mentor and resource center for other schools located in the area. Also, the infrastructure will be taken care of properly.
- Swami Vivekanand Government Model Schools (SVGMS): SVGMS are schools offering CBSE course and quality education to the talented students of Educationally Backward Blocks (EBBs). They are English medium schools and prepare each and every student so that they have a bright future ahead. Currently, there is a total of 71 SVGMS in operation with 19088 students enrolled and getting the education. 63 new such schools are to be constructed in future.
- Sharde Girls’ Hostels: The security of girl child is always a matter of concern for everyone and sometimes the families don’t allow the girls to study because they can’t provide a residence to them in cities. Thus, Vasundhara Raje planned at least one girls’ hostel in every EBBs to provide a residence to the girls studying in 11th and 12th classes. At present, there are 132 hostels in working with 7348 girls being enrolled.
- Information and Communication Technology Interventions: There are various ways in which Vasundhara Raje introduced technological interventions in the education sector. Some of the reforms, she introduced are, Shaala Darpan, Rajasthan Education Portal, Satellite Classes, and Video Conferencing, etc. Their aim was to introduce technology to students so that they become capable of competing in the world and carrying out new inventions at the same time.
So, it is concluded that Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje is working hard for the welfare of people of Rajasthan. She is making efforts and framing policies for strengthening the core roots of Rajasthan on which people can build a prospered, healthier and shining Rajasthan on the world map.