As per latest reports, the Rajasthan government is going to compensate the families of those who died in the storm that ravaged some parts of India on 11th April. Although the bad weather also affected some part so UP, 2 districts of Rajasthan saw some serious damage. Reportedly, the strong wind and unprecedented rainfall claimed lives of 5 people in Bharatpur and 11 in Dholpur.
Apart from those who lost their lives, the government would also compensate losses to houses and animals. The state government has included storm in the State Disaster Relief Fund (SDRF) and hence all the damage caused by the storm will be compensated through these funds. The information was given by Industry Minister Rajpal Singh Shekhawat during a press conference at the BJP state headquarters.
Courtesy: Times of India
The minister said that until now, the natural disasters notified under the National Disaster Relief Fund (NDRF) and State Disaster Relief Fund (SDRF) didn’t include storms. However, after such heavy losses were borne by the people, the government decided to include it under the notified disasters. While 13 people were killed and 50 were injured in Dhaulpur, 6 were killed and 8 got injured in Bharatpur.
The central government has allotted INR 1200 Crores for the SDRF. Here is the complete list of the compensation details:
• INR 4 Lakhs: the family of the deceased (per person).
• INR 60,000 to INR 2 Lakhs: injured persons
• INR 95,000: completely demolished house
• INR 5,200: partially damaged (permanent) house
• INR 3,200: partial damage of more than 155 of a house
• INR 4,100: for a damaged hut
• INR 30,000 to INR 90,000: the death of cow/buffalo
• INR 3,000: the death of Goat