Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje presented the Rajasthan budget 2018-19, the last one of her tenure. She began her speech by stating that the state government had taken the pledge for ensuring the welfare of the public and the same has been fulfilled with the efforts of the government. She highlighted the accomplishments of the current schemes and policies and then listed out announcements about future programs related to various fields.
Here are the key highlights of Rajasthan Budget 2018-19:
Road & Transportation:
• Construction of new roads to be carried out in 200 constituencies each measuring 15kms in distance
• State Level Road Safety Training Centre to be established at the cost of INR 10 Crores.
• Free traveling for passengers of RSRTC above 80 years of age along with 50% concession on tickets for one of the passengers’ attendant.
• Proposal for the construction of public toilets in 30 bus stands.
• Highways/Mega Highways of the state to be developed as emergency landing airstrips.
• Construction of fully automated driving tracks in the district transport offices.
• Driving License and vehicle registration related procedure to be made paperless.
Water Resource Management & Irrigation:
• An announcement of 7 Lakh new domestic electricity connections.
• 500 new RO plants to be established in the affected areas to ensure supply of safe drinking water.
• Setting up of maximum 100 hand pumps in each constituency, as per the requirement.
• Drinking water projects announced for areas like Bundi, Baran, Gardada, Dungarpur, Aaspur, etc.
• New irrigation facility to be provided for 6,885 hectares of land.
Woman & Child Welfare:
• Menstrual Hygiene Scheme for the rural females aged between 15 to 45 and distribution of sanitary pads.
• Job postings for 1,000 Nursing Training Teachers.
• Financial support to 1 orphan female student qualifying with merit in 10th Board exams, till graduation.
• 50% grant on the sale of 750 bulk milk cooler of2,000-litres capacity and 250 bulk milk cooler of capacity.
• Facilities of Dual Imaging System, Blood Component Separation Unit, C-arm Machine to be provided for Medical College, Kota.
• Setting up of new Pediatric and Neonatal ventilators at Medical College, Jhalawar.
• Swine Flu and VDRL lab to be established at Jaipuria Hospital for INR 1.50 Crores.
• New job postings for women employees to ensure better medical facilities.
• Centralised Oxygen Supply System to be established at Maternal & Child health units.
Skill Development and Jobs:
• Aiming at entrepreneurship development, INR 15 Crores to be invested in converging the policies and programs to encourage ease of business.
• Transformation of district employment centres to Model Career Centres.
• Transformation of Self Financing Units to regular training policy to create 22,500 seats.
• Linking state-approved ITI with Digital India and replacing the conventional examination system with online examinations.
• Youth Icon Scheme to encourage talented youth to excel in their respective fields.
• Upgradation of SMS indoor stadium and transformation of SMS Swimming Pool to Olympic size.
• Bhamashah Security Cover in the form of insurance cover amounting up to INR 1 Lakh to all the members of Bhamashah cardholder NFSA families.
• Construction of hostel for female students preparing for competitive exams in Dungarpur, Pratapgarh, and Banswara.
• Financial help amounting to INR Lakh for supporting the self-employment needs of adults leaving government orphanage to earn a livelihood.
• Provision for child care leaves of up to 2 years for female employees who have children below the age of 18.
• Provision for dearness relief on family pension to widows.