Did you know that Oscar Winning Animated Movie Coco has a Jaipur Connect? Here’s the answer!

The 2017 animated film Coco recently made headlines after bagging the Oscar in the Best Animated Feature category. The film has beaten several other masterpieces in the race including Boss Baby, Ferdinand, the Breadwinner, and Loving Vincent. However, there is something more about the film that’s unknown to many.

The animation team that worked for the feature includes an Indian guy named Harsh Agarwal. Hailing from Murlipura area of Jaipur, this 24-year old has been working for Pixar as a lead animation artist for the past 6 months. After completing his senior secondary education from Jayshree Periwal International School, Harsh received 100% scholarship to pursue a degree in arts from Savannah College of Arts & Design, US. Later, he completed his graduation from Hong Kong City University.

Harsh-Agrawal-pixar-animation-artistHarsh Agarwal (Image Courtesy: renderman.pixar.com)

The Jaipur boy worked in the 2017 film Coco by Pixar Productions as an intern. He contributed to the animation part with visual effects in rendering, texturing, and shedding. As per media reports, a guest from the US had seen his paintings at school and suggested him to apply for a scholarship at Savannah College.

Although he got 95% scholarship, his father couldn’t afford the remaining 5% fees. When Harsh told the colleges authorities that he was unable to pay the amount, they granted him 100% scholarship. This opened the gates to Ayush’s successful venture as an animation artist.

Talking about the film, Coco is the story of a young boy who wants to pursue his career in music but is forbidden to do so because of his family history. He then enters the world of the dead and meets his great-great-grandfather who turns out to be a legendary singer.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.