Rajasthan CM Stressed on IT Services for Efficient Communication and Problem Solving.
The second day of collectors SP conference commenced with Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje promoting the use of IT services for time-bound settlement of public complains. She directed district collectors to use SMS and social networks for reaching out to the public. Stressing on the importance of delivering information to the public, Raje highlighted the benefits associated with digital technologies. “We can use IT as a platform for inviting participation in cleanliness, landscaping, water and tree conservation and other public schemes.
Newly Designed Web Applications were Centre of Attraction at the Meeting
The CM applauded city teams for designing web applications like LezGo for Ajmer-Pushkar Tourism (launched by Ajmer), Humsafar for road safety (by Chhitaurgarh) and Action Udaipur for a clean and progressive Udaipur. Quoting these as an example, she asked the collectors to come up with innovative ideas like these that could put up smiles on the face of a common man.
Key Ideas Discussed in the Meeting
- Taking Bithur Model into consideration, CM directed collectors to implement this model in a mission mode. If successfully executed, it can help state save up to Rs. 100 crores. She instructed block officers, social representatives and the public to contribute in this task.
- MVSA (Mukhyamantri Vidyut Sudhar Abhiyan), the brainchild of CM Raje, aims at efficient transmission of electricity by installing LED lights and feeders. All MLAs and Ministers in charge were directed to implement these models in their respective constituencies. The government planned to conduct services in every 6 months to monitor the status of power theft.
- Dungarpur district has effectively exercised the Solar Energy Lamp Project to fulfil power requirements in tribal regions. Till date, around 40,000 families were benefitted from this project and 150 housewives received employment in the village. Rajasthan Government intended to promote this project in other districts to solve 2 major problems in hand– unemployment and power deficiency.
- Project Ekta and Project Unnayan falling under Bhamashah Policy will help uplift the paralysed state of education. Raje asked the collectors to encourage Bhamashah card distribution in their areas.
- Increasing death of cattle due to plastic (especially polythene) consumption is a major challenge for BJP government. In this regard, the CM instructed collectors to educate the public regarding safe usage and disposal of plastic products. Expressing happiness at Ladnu (Nagaur) emerging as a polythene free city, the CM directed the officers to make an action plan on Plastic Recycling and Road surfacing. This would help control pollution and animal deaths to some extent.
- The concept of polyhouse farming, aloe vera production and plantation for secondary income proposed by Rajsamand officers was taken into account. With the intention to propagate it all over the state, the CM asked officials to arrange regular agricultural tours for farmers.
These suggestions were followed by presentations delivered by Gaurav Goyal (Ajmer Collector), Muktanand Agarwal (Alwar Collector), Lalit Kumar (Churu Collector), Surendra Kumar (Dungarpur Collector), Dr. Jitendra Soni (Jhalawad Collector), Rajan Vishal (Nagaur Collector), Archana Singh (Rajsamand Collector) and Rohit Gupta (Udaipur Collector). There are more presentations to come in the remaining 2 days.