The culture and traditions of Rajasthan are full of colors and there are various things that you can shop here which you won’t get anywhere else in the world. Shopping in Rajasthan is a complete delight as it has markets that display mesmerizing glow of colors in every emotion. You might not get to see things which pose fashionable decorative feature but they surely are necessary for the folk life of Rajasthan. May it be potteries, embroidered shoes, beautiful art-de-facts portraying the century’s old culture and traditions, they all are marvelous. Also, its capital Pink City is famous for precious and semi-precious stones. The brilliant craftsmanship and excellent exquisite jewelry pieces make shopping in Rajasthan a wonderful experience.
So, it’s the time, you lose yourself in the alleys of the historic cities of the state and pick up some beautiful Rajasthani stuff. And if you are still confused about what to buy, we are presenting you with a list that is every shopaholic’s dream, when he/she is in Rajasthan:
1. Jewelry and Gemstones: You all might be spell bounded with the look of Aishwarya Rai in the movie “Jodha Akbar”. Her jewelry was inspired by Rajasthani culture as she played a Rajasthani princess “Jodhabai”. You can select from beautiful headgear, cuffs, necklaces, and anklets from the traditional markets of Rajasthan. Its Diamond-Polki handcrafted jewelry is also world famous.
2. Paintings: The Rajasthani paintings or commonly known as Rajputana Paintings are very famous as they are beautiful, elegant and vibrant in colors. They display royalty of Rajasthan along with a glimpse of the Mughal culture.
3. Carpets: Vibrant colors, varied patterns and hand-knitted with the finest quality of woolen fibers are the characteristics of a Rajasthani Carpet. The carpet weaving heritage of Rajasthan dated back to as early as 17th century. You can also buy them directly from the carpet factories and negotiate on the price. There are chances that you get lucky and receive a good deal.
4. Metal Works: Boxes of various sizes and figurines of metal are also the specialty of Rajasthan. The beautiful hand paintings on the boxes make them a style statement in artifacts. Jaipur is the hub of metal works and the introduction of modern technique and traditional designs make them a perfect must-buy product.
5. Pottery: As far as the pottery of Rajasthan is concerned, it is one of the most exquisite and notable ceramic styles in India. The Rajasthani Blue Pottery is highly influenced by the Persian art along with leveraging upon quartz stones. From different sized vases to jars and ashtrays, there are abundance choices for you in Rajasthan Blue Pottery.
6. Puppets: Rajasthani puppets are the best for every proud Indian. They are the gorgeous souvenirs that you can collect from Rajasthan.
7. Fabric Work: May it block printing, tie and die, bandhani, or embroidery work, they all are an integral part of the colorful culture of Rajasthan. The main glimpse of Rajasthani fabric work can be seen on lahariya and mothra. .Mirror-work and embroidery also portray a colorful picture of Rajasthan.