2 Labourers Die and 5 Fainted After Inhaling Poisonous Gas In Rajasthan

2 Labourers Die and 5 Fainted After Inhaling Poisonous Gas

This is the incident of the Pratapgarh district of the state of Rajasthan where 2 labourers died after Inhaling Poisonous Gas while 5 other fainted. Reportedly, they were cleaning an old step-well in the region and accidentally inhaled the gas. Two among the fainted, Bhairu Lal Valmiki (35) and Dayaram Valmiki (53) said, “we were cleaning the baoli (step-well) in the Amod area on Saturday when we fainted as we inhaled the poisonous gas.”

Also, five other people who stepped in to rescue these labourers too fainted. Police was informed and later it took all to the nearby hospital. Police said, “All of them were rescued and rushed to the district hospital where Bhairulal and Dayaram were declared brought dead.”

Police added, “two others have been referred to Udaipur district hospital while the remaining are being treated at a local hospital. The body of the two men has been sent for post-mortem.”